Valentine’s Cookies are a candy method share some love!
A straightforward no-fail sugar cookie is minimize into shapes and embellished with a easy frosting that’ll make you seem like a professional!
Everybody loves a present from the center, and this recipe is a enjoyable and straightforward method to unfold some Valentine’s Day cheer!
Valentine’s Day Cookies
- These Valentine’s Day cookies begin with the proper sugar cookie recipe with a buttery vanilla taste.
- The dough is really easy to work with and will be minimize a heart-shaped cookie or any form cutter you’d like.
- Merely bake, cool, and beautify. PRO TIP: Bake cookies within the morning and beautify them within the afternoon after they’re utterly cooled.
- Children love to assist beautify Valentine’s Day cookies! Set out icing and sprinkles and allow them to create and share their treats as Valentine’s day items.
Elements for Valentine’s Cookies
Cookie Dough – It is a primary sugar cookie dough made with flour, butter, sugar, and egg. We use vanilla because the flavoring (I desire clear vanilla on this recipe). Swap the vanilla for one more extract to vary the flavour (almond extract is one other favourite!).
Decorations – The cutest cookies are made with pink and pink heart-shaped candies or sprinkles. We use this sugar cookie icing recipe however add your favourite frosting and Valentine’s sprinkles and even edible silver or gold glitter.
How you can Make Valentine’s Cookies
It’s tremendous enjoyable and straightforward to make this extra-special recipe!
- Combine butter & sugar, add egg & vanilla.
- Incorporate dry substances till absolutely combined. Refrigerate per recipe beneath.
- Roll out dough & minimize it into shapes. Bake till evenly browned on the sides.
- Cool utterly earlier than adorning.
Professional Suggestions for Good Cookies
- Make sure the butter and egg are at room temperature.
- You’ll want to beat the butter for the complete time listed within the recipe.
- If the dough appears powdery, proceed mixing at medium-high velocity. The dough will come collectively.
- Chill the dough to maintain it from spreading after which let it sit at room temperature whereas prepping the baking pans.
- Use an ungreased cookie sheet and skip the parchment paper or silicone baking mat, this helps the cookies maintain their form higher.
- Use two completely different cookie sheets so that you’re not utilizing a heat one with chilly dough.
- These sugar cookies will be made for any event. Simply swap up the shapes and colours to make cookies for Easter, Halloween, or Christmas!
How you can Make Cookie Pops
- Put together cookie dough as directed above.
- As soon as rolled and minimize, place a lollipop stick into the middle of every cookie. (The lollipop stick will bake into the cookie, so make certain to make use of paper, not plastic.)
- Bake cookies in keeping with recipe instructions beneath and funky utterly and beautify.
Storing Valentine’s Day Cookies
Hold cookies in a lined container for as much as 4 days. Freeze cookies in zippered luggage for as much as 4 weeks. Or you may freeze the dough and make it into cookies later!
Did you make these Valentine’s Day Cookies? You’ll want to go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
Valentine’s Day Cookies
Valentine’s Day cookies are enjoyable & festive, the proper deal with on your sweetheart or household!
In a bowl, mix dry substances and put aside.
With a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a hand mixer), mix butter and sugar till fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the egg and vanilla and blend till properly mixed and easy.
Add flour combination slightly bit at a time with the mixer on low till combined and the flour is included. Proceed mixing till the dough holds collectively, about 5 minutes. (If the dough appears floury or powdery, it must proceed to combine collectively).
Divide the dough in half and flatten every half right into a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap and place within the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Whereas the oven is preheating, take away the dough from the fridge.
Sprinkle the worksurface with a little bit of powdered sugar or flour so the dough would not stick. Roll dough to ¼” thickness and minimize into desired shapes.
Place cookies 1-inch aside on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or till cookies start to brown on the sides.
Cool utterly earlier than adorning with icing.
- Select clear vanilla or strive almond extract for a twist!
- Guarantee butter and egg are at room temperature.
- Beat butter for the complete time; if the dough appears powdery, maintain mixing.
- Refrigerate as directed. Let dough attain room temperature earlier than baking.
- Use an ungreased sheet for well-shaped cookies.
- Get artistic with shapes and colours for any event!
Energy: 122 | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 41mg | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.