Dive right into a slice of pizza casserole, it’s consolation meals perfected!
This dish combines pasta together with your favourite pizza toppings in a pizza sauce impressed marinara. It’s all topped off with a number of cheese and baked till browned and bubbly.
Put together it in a snap for a filling weeknight dinner for a enjoyable new tackle pizza night time!
A New Household Favourite
- This pizza casserole recipe is a budget-friendly crowd-pleaser.
- On this household favourite, a supreme pizza meets our favourite baked pasta recipe.
- Hearty, wholesome, and filling, pizza casserole could be personalized together with your favourite pizza toppings, something goes!
- This recipe could be ready forward of time and it reheats effectively for straightforward weeknight meals.
Elements in Pizza Casserole
Pasta – I like penne pasta however select any medium sized pasta (like rotini, farfalle, or shells). Holes and ridges seize the sauce and this dimension holds up effectively to baking. You should utilize cooked spaghetti too if it’s what you’ve gotten readily available.
Meat – Italian sausage packs a punch of taste, floor turkey Italian sausage works simply as effectively. Don’t skip the pepperoni slices (or turkey pepperoni) on high for a traditional pizza taste.
Pizza Toppings – Add a number of mozzarella cheese and no matter you like on pizza. Strive sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, or olives.
Make this right into a low-carb pizza casserole by changing the pasta for roasted cauliflower. Deliciously straightforward!
How one can Make Pizza Casserole
- Prepare dinner and drain pasta.
- Saute meat with onion & garlic. Add veggie toppings (if utilizing) and remaining sauce components. Simmer for five minutes.
- Toss pasta with meat sauce and unfold in a baking dish. Prime with cheese and half of the pepperoni slices and parmesan cheese.
- Bake (per recipe beneath) till the highest is browned. Serve sizzling.
Can You Make Forward?
Assemble the pizza casserole as much as a day forward, cowl it with plastic wrap, and hold it within the fridge till it’s able to bake.
Storing Pizza Casserole
- Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days and reheat parts within the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Freeze cooled parts in plastic wrap and aluminum for as much as 4 weeks. Freeze an entire unbaked or baked supreme casserole by lining a casserole dish with parchment paper earlier than assembling the casserole (this makes it straightforward to take away as soon as frozen so the dish can be utilized elsewhere).
- Wrap the frozen casserole in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze it for as much as a month. Thaw within the fridge earlier than baking.
Did your loved ones love this Pizza Casserole? Be sure you go away a score and a remark beneath!
Supreme Pizza Casserole
Simple & tacky pizza casserole is a scrumptious method to take pleasure in pizza any day of the week!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a big pot, cook dinner the pasta in keeping with bundle directions, then drain completely.
In the meantime, in a big skillet, brown the Italian sausage with onion and minced garlic over medium-high warmth. Drain any extra fats.
Add your selection of pizza toppings (see notes) and cook dinner for 3-4 minutes or till greens are tender.
Add drained tomatoes, oregano, Italian seasoning, pizza sauce, and marinara sauce. Simmer for five minutes.
Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and half of the pepperoni slices. Pour the combination right into a greased 9×13 pan.
Prime with the mozzarella cheddar mix, the remaining pepperoni and parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered for 18 to 22 minutes or till the cheese is browned.
If including greens that must be cooked (corresponding to mushrooms or inexperienced bell peppers) add them to the meat and cook dinner a couple of minutes earlier than including sauce.
Toppings that don’t must be cooked (like ham, pepperoni, black olives, artichokes and so forth) could be added to the pasta sauce.
Further pepperoni and toppings could be sprinkled on high with the cheese to make it crispy.
Energy: 441 | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 28g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1232mg | Potassium: 744mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 862IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 305mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.