This southern fried cabbage makes an excellent aspect dish, or simply add a few of our cornbread and make a meal out of it. If you happen to’ve by no means tried this fried cabbage, we will’t advocate it sufficient. Truthfully, when it hits the dinner desk….simply give me a fork and get out of the best way. It’s THAT good! I really feel like individuals actually underestimate cabbage. It’s such a flexible vegetable and a staple in our properties.
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE INGREDIENTS:
- bacon, cooked crisp
- bacon drippings
- onion, peeled and chopped
- inexperienced pepper, chopped (can use a mixture of each pink and inexperienced)
- minced garlic
- small head cabbage, chopped
- black pepper
- Cajun seasoning, (elective)
- rooster broth
Scroll down for the complete printable recipe card.
SOUTHERN FRIED CABBAGE NOTES:
- This dish makes about six servings and will simply be doubled for a bigger group or household dinner.
- Here is a recipe to make your own Cajun seasoning. If you happen to don’t like Cajun seasoning, you may actually depart it out and add the seasonings you take pleasure in.
- You can simply make this dish with smoked sausage, polish sausage, rooster sausage, or smoked turkey.
- I’ve by no means tried this dish with turkey bacon, however you can actually strive it. If you happen to don’t have bacon grease, simply add a bit extra butter. You too can depart the bacon out.
- We make Southern fried cabbage in a forged iron skillet. Simply be sure you use a non-stick pan for the perfect outcomes.
- This dish ought to be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge. It would maintain for 4-5 days.
- Simply warmth it up within the microwave or toss it again right into a skillet and warmth it by means of.
- I’ve been identified to warmth this up the following day and serve it with a fried egg over it for breakfast. Give it a strive!
“OMG. The Southern Fried Cabbage is SOOOOOO good. I served it with Sweet cornbread, as a result of that’s the model my husband loves. I really like your recipes and take a look at one thing new every week.”-Sharon
Southern Fried Cabbage
This recipe is one your loved ones will love. Tremendous simple to make and the right aspect dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 to six slices of bacon cooked crisp
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 medium candy inexperienced pepper chopped (can use a mixture of each pink and inexperienced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small head cabbage chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (elective)
- 1 cup rooster broth
Prepare dinner bacon till crisp, take away from pan and drain on paper towel. Set bacon apart. Take away extra bacon drippings from pan reserving 2 tablespoons. Soften 2 tablespoons of butter into the bacon drippings in your pan
Add chopped onion, peppers, minced garlic, chopped cabbage, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and rooster broth to pan. Prepare dinner on medium low warmth, lined for 15 to twenty minutes till cabbage reaches the consistency of softness you want. Some individuals like their cabbage form of crispy whereas others prefer it properly accomplished. Take away from warmth, crumble bacon on high, sprinkle with paprika. Makes about 6 servings.
OTHER CABBAGE DISHES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
- Cajune Cabbage Jambalaya
- Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
Are you studying our digital journal, Front Porch Life? It’s stuffed with nice new recipes, nation residing, improbable individuals, southern appeal, cooking suggestions, and a lot extra. We ship it on to your electronic mail so you can begin studying, cooking, and stress-free instantly! That is our premium content material not discovered on our web site. Be part of 1000’s of others as we speak and begin having fun with our journal!
Comply with us on Instagram!
© The Southern Woman Cooks pictures and textual content – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on different websites, or different makes use of allowed with out written permission of the copyright holder.