Hen and biscuits are creamy and scrumptious and bake up very quickly in any respect!
A hearty and creamy skillet dish with smooth, fluffy biscuits and cooked hen retains it fast and straightforward.
Add a easy salad, and dinner is served!
Elements for Hen and Biscuits
This consolation meals is the right mixture of fast and scrumptious.
- Hen – Use leftover baked chicken or rotisserie chicken for fast prep.
- Veggies – I exploit carrots and celery, however you need to use any greens you might have readily available or frozen greens. Inexperienced beans, peas, or corn are nice additions.
- Sauce – The creamy sauce is comparable in taste to chicken pot pie and it’s actually fast to make. Use canned condensed soup or make home made condensed cream of chicken soup for this recipe.
- Biscuits – To maintain it quick, use canned biscuits – should you’ve obtained time, you can also make your personal homemade biscuits.
Learn how to Make Hen and Biscuits
- In a skillet, prepare dinner the onion. Add broth and greens and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Stir within the sauce and cooked hen.
- High with biscuits and bake for 22 to 25 minutes till bubbly and golden brown.
- Brush biscuits with further melted butter if desired and serve heat.
Retailer leftovers within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. Reheat parts within the microwave or the oven till heated by way of.
Freezing Leftovers: Cool utterly and divide into particular person parts. Wrap parts tightly in plastic wrap or place them in hermetic containers. Freeze for as much as 2-3 months.
To Reheat after Freezing: Thaw parts in a single day within the fridge. Reheat parts within the microwave or the oven till heated by way of.
Did you make this Skillet Hen and Biscuits recipe? Make sure to go away a score and a remark under!
Skillet Hen and Biscuits
A straightforward one-pan dinner loaded with veggies and hen in a creamy sauce, topped with biscuits and baked till golden.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a 12-inch forged iron skillet or oven-proof pan, soften the butter over medium warmth. Cook dinner for 3 to 4 minutes or till softened.
Add carrot, celery, and hen broth and produce to a simmer. Cook dinner 4 minutes or veggies are barely softened.
Take away from the warmth and add the diced hen, cream of hen soup, parsley, and garlic powder. Combine effectively to mix.
Lower every biscuit into quarters and place within the skillet on prime of the hen combination.
Switch to the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or till the sauce is bubbly and biscuits are browned.
Brush biscuits with further melted butter if desired and serve heat.
- I discover the broth and condensed soup add sufficient salt however as all the time, season to style with salt and pepper.
- Be at liberty so as to add 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese to the filling if desired.
- This may be baked in a 2.5 qt casserole or baking dish, you might want further baking time.
Energy: 582 | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 9g | Monounsaturated Fats: 12g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 1903mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4487IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 5mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.