Sausage balls are an easy-to-make poppable, snackable, loveable, form of recipe!
Pork sausage is mixed with biscuit combine, cheddar cheese, and milk. Then they’re popped within the oven and baked till golden.
An Straightforward 3-Ingredient Appetizer
- Tremendous simple recipe! Three substances and three steps make this sausage ball recipe a keeper for recreation day, holidays, or any day all 12 months lengthy!
- Tacky bisquick sausage balls could be prepped and frozen, or baked then cooled and frozen for simple entertaining!
- Combine and match the cheeses and add zesty seasonings to create a brand new recipe each time!
Substances for Sausage Balls
Sausage – You need to use both breakfast sausage or delicate or sizzling Italian sausage. This recipe additionally works with turkey sausage.
Biscuit Combine – Bisquick is customized, however a store-brand baking combine works too. For those who don’t have any, make a homemade biscuit mix recipe!
Cheese – This recipe makes use of sharp cheddar cheese because it has plenty of taste. Shred your individual or use pre-shredded to make it fast.
- Swap the cheddar for Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or a Mexican mix.
- Add diced jalapenos or a pinch of cayenne pepper for just a little bit of warmth.
Find out how to Make Sausage Balls
- Mix biscuit combine, cheese, and floor sausage in a bowl (per recipe beneath).
- Scoop it into balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake till golden brown.
Prep Forward & Storage
- Place raw sausage balls on a baking tray and canopy with plastic wrap for as much as 2 days or retailer within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
- If baking from frozen, add a further 8 minutes to the cooking time.
- Leftover sausage balls could be saved within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days or freeze for as much as 4 months.
Did you make these Sausage Balls? Make sure you depart a score and a remark beneath!
These sausage balls have a tacky, savory taste and the proper bite-sized form!
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix biscuit combine, cheese, and floor sausage. Combine completely till the combination holds collectively, including as much as ¼ cup of milk as wanted.
Utilizing a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop 1 tablespoon of sausage and roll it right into a ball. Place on the ready baking sheet.
Bake the sausage balls for 20-25 minutes till golden brown.
For those who don’t have biscuit combine, mix 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅓ cup shortening. Pulse the combination in a meals processor till shortening is included.
Energy: 113 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 45mg | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.