This oh-so-elegant pear salad recipe is straightforward to make and completely scrumptious.
It has the proper mix of contemporary greens, candy ripe pears, crunchy nuts, and creamy cheese tossed in a tangy French dressing!
Good as a starter or a straightforward facet dish, it’s a favourite.
A Good Pear!
- This pretty salad is as fairly as it’s scrumptious, good to a vacation or special day however easy sufficient for a weeknight meal!
- This salad recipe is straightforward to combine and match components with what’s available; and the dressing goes with all the things!
- Serve pear salad as a facet dish or make it an entrée salad with grilled salmon, chicken, or shrimp.
Substances for Pear Salad
Greens – Assorted combined greens can embody purple leaf lettuce, arugula, or spinach. Finely chopped kale or sliced Brussels sprouts may be added for extra texture and vitamins.
Pears – Use a colourful mixture of Asian, Bosc, or Crimson Anjou for additional colour. Canned pears can be utilized and must be drained and patted dry earlier than utilizing. Sliced apples are an excellent stand-in should you don’t have pears.
Nuts & Cheese – Be happy to get inventive right here! Pecans, walnuts, or pistachios can be utilized. Gorgonzola, goat cheese, feta, and parmesan are dry tangy alternate options that match the flavour profile of this recipe.
Dressing – This sweet-tart dressing balances all of the flavors of pear salad. Honey can be utilized as an alternative of maple syrup and purple wine or balsamic can take the place of the lemon juice so long as it’s utilized in the identical quantities. For a special and easy dressing (and marinade!) do this simple Dijon vinaigrette.
Variations – This can be a nice recipe for particular touches like pomegranate arils. Add cooked and chilled farro, quinoa, or couscous for extra texture and an enormous enhance of vitamins! A handful of homemade croutons will add to the crunch.
Flippantly roast nuts in a sauté pan and funky them fully earlier than utilizing them in recipes. This makes them additional crunchy and intensifies their taste! Toasted sunflower, pumpkin, or chia seeds can be utilized if nut allergic reactions are a priority.
Learn how to Make Pear Salad
- Add dressing components to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake properly & refrigerate till prepared to make use of.
- Mix the greens, parsley, and purple onion in a big salad bowl (per recipe beneath). Drizzle with a little bit of dressing to calmly coat.
- Slice the pears as directed within the recipe beneath and prepare them on prime of the salad.
- Sprinkle the remaining components on prime and drizzle with extra dressing. Serve instantly.
Pears oxidize shortly in order that they’re greatest sliced simply earlier than serving. The remainder of the salad may be ready forward of time.
Serving Pear Salad
Prep the dressing and salad as much as a day forward and maintain them separate till able to toss and serve. Leftover pear salad may be stored coated within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Toss earlier than serving.
Did your loved ones love this Pear Salad? Depart us a score and a remark beneath!
This tangy and barely candy pear salad is tremendous simple to make! With spring greens and blue cheese, it has connoisseur enchantment!
In a small jar with a lid, mix the vegetable oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Shake till absolutely mixed and refrigerate.
In a big salad bowl, mix the combined greens, chopped parsley, and sliced purple onion. Add ¼ cup of the dressing (or regulate to style) and toss to coat.
Reduce the ripe pears in half lengthwise. Use a spoon or small knife to take away the core and seeds. Slice the pears into skinny 1/8-inch slices.
Prepare the sliced pears on prime of the salad. Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds, dried cranberries, and crumbled blue cheese (or feta cheese).
Drizzle further dressing over the salad if desired.
- *For additional taste, toast the slivered almonds in a dry skillet over medium warmth till calmly golden and aromatic earlier than including them to the salad.
- The dressing may be ready and saved within the fridge for as much as one week upfront. Shake properly earlier than utilizing.
- For a sweeter dressing, enhance the maple syrup.
- Pears may be ready as much as 1 hour forward of time, however toss the slices with lemon juice to forestall browning from oxidation.
Energy: 326 | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 22g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 9g | Monounsaturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 2307IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.