Parsnip Puree is a creamy aspect dish with a heat and savory taste.
Candy, virtually anise-like flavored parsnips are scrumptious when cooked in with garlic and blended right into a wealthy and velvety puree.
- These are nice as a mashed potato different or as a sublime addition to a vacation meal.
- Versatile recipe! Delicate flavored parsnip puree goes with any sort of protein and can be added to creamy soups to punch up the flavour.
Components for Parsnip Puree
Parsnips – They give the impression of being much like carrots however are creamy white. Parsnips are sweeter than carrots and starchier than potatoes. Search for agency parsnips, peel, and chop them earlier than utilizing.
Puree – Gentle cream can be utilized rather than heavy cream if desired however heavy cream provides a richer taste.
Variations – Different savory seasonings to strive are dried sage, rosemary, and thyme. Poached apples or pears will be added to parsnip puree together with 3 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey and a few cinnamon for a sweeter puree. Turnips, roasted sweet potatoes, or cauliflower may also add new flavors and texture to parsnip puree.
Learn how to Make Parsnip Puree
- Peel and prep parsnips per recipe instructions beneath. PRO TIP: Peel parsnips the identical method you’ll carrots.
- Add parsnips and garlic to a saucepan and canopy with water. Stir in salt.
- Carry parsnips to a boil and simmer till tender.
- Mix parsnips in a meals processor or blender with the remaining elements besides milk.
- Slowly add milk till you may have the consistency you need. Season and serve.
What to Serve With Parsnip Puree
This elegant aspect dish is ideal served beneath salmon or bacon-wrapped scallops. It can undoubtedly be a brand new favourite on the Thanksgiving table or served as a substitute of mashed potatoes with meatloaf.
Storing Parsnip Puree
- Parsnip puree will be made as much as two days upfront (the flavors will proceed to mix)! Hold leftover parsnip puree in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days and reheat on the stovetop with a little bit milk to loosen the puree. Add leftover puree to acorn or butternut squash soup.
- Freeze parsnip puree in zippered luggage laid flat on a baking sheet, then retailer them vertically to avoid wasting freezer house. Thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating (place the bag in a bowl in case it leaks).
Did your loved ones take pleasure in this Parsnip Puree? Depart us a ranking and a remark beneath!
Parsnip puree is a velvety-smooth aspect dish that has a heat and savory style.
In a medium saucepan, mix the parsnips and garlic. Cowl with water and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt.
Place the saucepan over excessive warmth and convey the water to a boil. As soon as boiling, cut back the warmth to a low boil and prepare dinner for about quarter-hour, or till tender. Drain very effectively.
Switch the parsnips to a meals processor or blender. Add within the softened butter, warmed heavy cream, and a pinch of nutmeg.
Flip the meals processor on and slowly add within the heat milk till creamy. Chances are you’ll not want the entire milk.
Season the puree generously with salt and black pepper to style.
Chances are you’ll not want the entire milk, add just a bit bit at a time.
Leftover Parsnip Puree will be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat on the stovetop with a little bit of cream combined in.
Energy: 343 | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 0.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 920mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 623IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.