This scrumptious Mexican Tater Tot Casserole was submitted to The Supper Club and by Julia Reffner from North Chesterfield, VA. As quickly as this recipe got here in we knew we needed to make it. When you have adopted out web site for any period of time you realize we love tater tot recipes! We’ve by no means made a Mexican model so this was an actual deal with.
Mexican Tater Tot Casserole Components Wanted:
Mexican Cheese Mix
We liked that you just mix the salsa, corn, taco seasoning with the meat and also you truly use the bitter cream within the dish and never as a topping. This casserole was actually good and it reheats very nicely. We had it for just a few nights and everybody liked it. This casserole comes collectively in a short time and one of the best half.. you solely want ONE pan to make it. You employ one skillet after which a 9X13 dish, so not a variety of clear up, which is a win win!
It’s good for a busy night time and we will certainly add this recipe to our rotation. Thanks a lot Julia Reffner for sending this nice recipe!
What you’ll be able to change or add to this scrumptious dish:
- You’ll be able to swap up the meat, use floor pork, floor rooster or floor turkey. If you’re searching for extra protein and fewer fats floor rooster or floor turkey can be the most suitable choice.
- You employ the hashbrowns frozen which saves time. This dish comes collectively in a short time.
- You’ll be able to add different toppings like inexperienced chilis, Rotel tomatoes, inexperienced peppers and onions.
- You would simply add black or pinto beans to the meat combination.
- Change up the cheese to your liking.
- You’ll be able to high it with contemporary cilantro earlier than serving.
We’re actually having fun with the entire great recipes we now have acquired throughout the summer season session of The Supper Membership. The response has been wonderful and we’re so grateful to everybody who has participated. The emails we obtain from the group saying how a lot they love their weekly recipes has been so rewarding. We’re blessed with essentially the most wonderful followers. If you’re interested by The Supper Club, join our newsletter to be the primary to know after we are accepting new members!
In case you love this dish you might want to take a look at these!
- Tater Tot Sausage Casserole – This dish is a hearty breakfast casserole that has great critiques and nice for brunch or any gathering. We particularly find it irresistible throughout the vacation season.
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole – This dish is a good predominant dish that’s simple to throw collectively and may also be made with floor turkey as a substitute of floor beef.
- Ham and Tater Tot Casserole – This dish is an excellent method to make use of leftover ham and my household loves this one.
Are you studying our digital journal, Front Porch Life? It’s filled with nice new recipes, nation residing, unbelievable folks, southern appeal, cooking ideas and a lot extra. We ship it on to your electronic mail so you can begin studying, cooking and stress-free instantly! That is our premium content material not discovered on our web site. Be part of 1000’s of others at present and begin having fun with our journal!
Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
This scrumptious Mexican tater tot casserole is one in every of our new favorites!
Servings: 6 servings
- l lb floor beef
- 1 10-oz package deal frozen corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning or do-it-yourself model
- 1 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 8 oz Mexican cheese mix
- 1 16 oz container bitter cream
- 32 ounce bag of frozen tater tots
Preheat oven to 350F.
Brown floor beef in a medium skillet. (*Additionally good with floor turkey.)
Add taco seasoning, salsa, and frozen corn to floor beef and blend nicely to reheat in skillet.
Unfold nonstick spray on a 9×13′ pan.
Unfold beef & corn combination in backside of 9×13 pan.
Spoon bitter cream over beef, use a spatula to unfold like frosting excessive of the combination.
Layer half the package deal of cheese on the bitter cream.
High the casserole with a layer of tater tots.
Place the rest of the cheese on high of the tater tots.
Bake in a 350F oven for 45 minutes. Lower into squares and revel in!
Don’t neglect about our Ebooks! Every E-book is a set of our hottest recipes. You’ll have all of them at your fingertips and may pull them up at any time. Good and handy as a substitute of getting to go looking a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Girl Cooks photographs and textual content – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on different websites, or different makes use of allowed with out written permission of the copyright holder.