This straightforward and scrumptious maple glazed squash recipe wants only a few components.
Roasted butternut squash is the proper mixture of candy & savory baked right into a caramelized facet dish.
An Straightforward Facet Dish
- Roasted butternut squash is a straightforward facet dish that wants few components.
- Prep is fast and there’s no have to peel the squash first.
- Slice and serve or scoop it out for a hearty facet dish.
Elements for Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash – Butternut squash is nice and delicate. For this recipe, you’ll want to chop it in half lengthwise. You possibly can substitute different sorts of winter squash however the cooking time will change.
Maple Syrup – Maple syrup provides sweetness and helps to caramelize the roasted squash. Change the syrup with brown sugar or honey.
Spices – I really like heat spices with butternut squash together with cinnamon and ginger. You possibly can change it with pumpkin pie spice.
You possibly can add optionally available toppings to this roasted squash.
- Nuts – toasted chopped or candied pecans or walnuts
- Bacon – bacon bits will be sprinkled on prime over the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Herbs – butternut squash pairs effectively with sage or rosemary, add a little bit bit to the glaze in case you’d like.
- Cranberry sauce – in some cranberry sauce into the glaze.
How you can Make Roasted Butternut Squash
- Lower the squash in half, prime to backside, with a pointy chef’s knife. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Put together the glaze in accordance with the recipe under and brush it over the reduce facet of the squash.
- Roast till tender and golden brown.
You possibly can eat this butternut squash recipe as a facet dish or use it so as to add to different recipes. Leftovers are an important cubed and added to chili or hearty soups!
Preserve leftover maple-roasted butternut squash in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Reheat parts on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Did your loved ones love this Maple Roasted Butternut Squash? Depart us a score and a remark under!
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
This candy and savory maple-roasted butternut squash is the proper facet dish for any entree!
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper if desired.
Slice the squash in half lengthwise*. Use a big spoon to take away seeds and pulp within the heart.
In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, and ginger. Brush over the reduce facet of the squash and season with salt and pepper to style.
Place the squash halves, reduce facet up, on a baking pan and roast uncovered for 45-60 minutes or till fork tender and browned on the perimeters.
Squash seeds will be roasted and loved similar to pumpkin seeds.
Energy: 138 | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 612mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 20019IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.