Chromebooks, very like Home windows PCs, span the spectrum from low cost and cheerful to powerhouses costing north of 4 digits. They’re nice laptops, however the low quantity of native storage tends to be a problem throughout the board – it is not typically you see a 1TB disk for a ChromeOS machine. Whether or not it’s good to uninstall an app since you’re arising towards your ceiling otherwise you simply do not want it round anymore, we have you coated with some directions.
Learn how to delete and uninstall an online, Chrome, or Android app out of your Chromebook
The most typical sort of app on a Chromebook tends to be an online app, Chrome app, or Android app. Merely put, all you need to do to uninstall any of those apps is:
- Open your Launcher by going to the bottom-left nook and choose the circle (fisheye) button. You can too hit the circle (fisheye) or search key in your keyboard.
- Scroll to the app you wish to uninstall.
- In case your Launcher is a bit disorganized, you possibly can type your apps by right-clicking on an empty area and choose Identify or Colour
- Proper-clicking entails utilizing two fingers to press or faucet your trackpad or utilizing a mouse.
- Proper-click on the app you wish to uninstall and choose Uninstall.
- It’s possible you’ll be warned by means of a pop-up that information related to the app will even be deleted. Verify by choosing Uninstall once more.
Learn how to delete and uninstall a Linux app out of your Chromebook
If you happen to’re dipping your toes into Linux apps, there’s excellent news: for sure apps, you can comply with the directions above to get it uninstalled. Typically, an uninstall possibility will not seem within the right-click menu or the system will generate an error and recommend that you just uninstall the app by means of the terminal. This is what it’s good to do:
- Out of your Launcher, open the Terminal app.
- Enter the next command:
sudo apt-get take away nameofapp
- It’s possible you’ll be prompted to substantiate an operation related to the uninstall course of. Settle for by coming into “Y.”
Learn how to delete and uninstall a Steam sport out of your Chromebook
Enjoying the Steam on ChromeOS beta? Good for you! You possibly can decide to uninstall Steam by right-clicking on the app within the Launcher and choosing Uninstall. In any other case, to uninstall a person sport:
- Out of your Launcher, open Steam.
- Choose Library from the highest row of tabs if you’re not in your library already.
- Scroll your record of owned video games on the left aspect and choose your sport to uninstall.
- Proper-click on the record choice or choose the cog button on the appropriate aspect of the itemizing correct.
- Choose Handle after which Uninstall.
- Comply with the prompts from Steam.
Learn how to observe your space for storing on ChromeOS
On the lookout for area? Possibly for an concept about easy methods to handle your area? Get a glance by following these steps:
- Open system settings by choosing the time to open the Fast Settings after which choosing the cog button on the top-right nook.
- On the left aspect, choose System after which Storage administration.
You will see a breakdown of how a lot of your storage has been used. You can too open shortcuts to settings that may make it easier to reduce down your load:
- My recordsdata opens your system file supervisor. You possibly can undergo and delete recordsdata by right-clicking on them and choosing Delete.
- Searching information hyperlinks on to a Chrome settings menu known as Clear shopping information the place you possibly can delete your shopping historical past, saved trackers, and cached recordsdata.
- Apps and extensions brings you to an inventory of your apps and extensions. You possibly can choose any of them and press the Uninstall button.
- Linux storage displays the partition dimension you’ve got set for dealing with Linux apps. You will be linked to the Linux improvement surroundings settings the place you possibly can change your Linux disk dimension.