This Ham Pasta Salad is loaded with pineapple and veggies. It’s a refreshing play on my favourite Hawaiian Pizza flavors (which isn’t really Hawaiian in any respect)!
A fast and straightforward selfmade pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely scrumptious facet dish!
It’s potluck good and makes an awesome facet dish or mild meal.
A Recent and Flavorful Pasta Salad
In case you are on the lookout for a pasta salad that’s a little bit bit totally different, this ham pasta salad is it!
- Pasta – Use any medium formed pasta, farfalle, shells, and rotini are favorites.
- Add Ins: On this straightforward recipe, ham and pineapple are the celebrities, impressed by flavors on a Hawaiian pizza. Purple peppers add crunch and colour whereas inexperienced onions add taste.
- The dressing is a fast creamy pineapple dressing and it’s so good that I all the time double it for salads (it’s glorious over strawberry spinach salad too).
This recipe is not a Hawaiian dish, and it’s not Hawaiian pasta salad like a Macaroni Salad discovered on a typical Hawaiian Plate Lunch. In a Hawaiian plate lunch, typically, macaroni salad is a tangy mixture of mayo & macaroni, typically with a couple of different elements. Yow will discover an awesome Hawaiian macaroni salad here.
The Pineapple Dressing
You need to use virtually any dressing on pasta salad. This recipe features a contemporary and zesty pineapple dressing. Making selfmade dressing is very fast and straightforward, and the flavour is a lot better than store-bought dressing.
- Mayonnaise and bitter cream are the creamy base
- Pineapple (and a little bit of cider vinegar) add tang and freshness
- Dijon and garlic powder add taste whereas honey balances out the dressing.
Suggestions for Pasta Salads
- Don’t overcook the pasta, it’s going to soften because it soaks up the dressing.
- Add additional dressing, as some will probably be absorbed by the pasta.
- Pasta salad is finest made at the least a few hours forward of time so the flavors have an opportunity to mix.
- Season the salad generously.
Did your loved ones love this Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad? Be sure you depart a score and a remark beneath!
Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad
Ham and pineapple Pasta Salad is a fast and straightforward facet dish. Home made pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely scrumptious salad!
In a big pot, prepare dinner the pasta based on the bundle instructions. Drain the pasta and run it below chilly water to chill.
In a bowl, whisk collectively all dressing elements till easy.
In a big bowl, mix the cooled pasta, ham, pineapple, bell pepper, inexperienced onion, and dressing. Gently toss to mix.
Refrigerate the pasta salad for at the least 2 hours earlier than serving.
Customise the salad by including your favourite elements, comparable to cherry tomatoes, further bell peppers, or cucumbers.
Don’t overcook the pasta, it’s going to soften because it soaks up the dressing. Add additional dressing, as some will probably be absorbed by the pasta.
Energy: 241 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 26.9mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.