Delicate and savory Oyster Mushrooms are a scrumptious addition to virtually any plate!
On this recipe, oyster mushrooms are fried till golden brown and smothered in scrumptious garlic and butter sauce.
Mushrooms, garlic, and butter are an ideal match.
All About Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms are a kind of mushroom that grows on wooden, not within the floor. Two in style varieties are Pearl and King oyster mushrooms, those you see in these photographs are Pearl oyster mushrooms, which cluster collectively on a big base. King oyster mushrooms, then again, are bigger and develop individually.
These mushrooms are generally utilized in Chinese language and Japanese cooking however may be added to virtually any dish that requires different sorts of mushrooms. They’ve a meaty texture, which is barely drier than your typical button or cremini mushrooms.
The right way to Put together Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms normally come on a bigger stalk or stem with a number of mushrooms protruding from it (photograph above).
- Use a small knife to take away the person mushrooms from the bottom. The massive base stem may be discarded.
- The stems of bigger oyster mushrooms generally is a bit robust to allow them to even be minimize off the mushrooms. The smaller stems are superb to go away intact.
- Mushrooms may be wiped with a moist paper towel or in a short time run underneath chilly water (they take in water so don’t rinse an excessive amount of).
Elements for Fried Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster Mushrooms – They aren’t all the time straightforward to seek out within the grocery store (ask the grocery store for those who don’t see them), however I do typically get them on the farmer’s market in the summertime. Or attempt to develop some with an at-home mushroom kit.
Garlic Butter: The mushrooms are cooked in a quite simple garlic butter. A little bit of soy sauce provides a salty umami whereas. Nothing too sophisticated, however positively flavorful.
Variations: Use shiitake and even cremini mushrooms as an alternative choice to Oyster mushrooms. Add your favourite savory spices or seasonings!
The right way to Make Fried Oyster Mushrooms
- Wipe the mushrooms clear with a moist material if wanted. Trim any woody stems.
- Warmth a pan with olive oil. Toss mushrooms with soy sauce (per the recipe beneath) and cook dinner till calmly browned on one aspect.
- Push mushrooms to the aspect. Add butter & garlic and cook dinner till tender and aromatic. Add herbs if desired.
PRO TIP: Whereas this may be performed in any type of pan, we love the flavour and texture we get in a sizzling forged iron pan.
The right way to Retailer Mushrooms
- Don’t retailer the mushrooms in plastic. If they’re bought in a plastic wrap or field, take away the wrap and retailer them in a paper bag or cowl with a moist paper towel.
- If they’re free then the identical factor applies. They may keep recent for a couple of days earlier than cooking.
- Mushrooms may be reheated on a pan on the range. Add some butter to the pan & cook dinner till heated by means of.
Did you make these Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms? Go away us a remark and a ranking beneath!
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster Mushrooms are tossed in garlic butter and sauteed till completely golden brown.
Wipe the oyster mushrooms with a moist paper towel to take away any dust or particles if wanted.
Lower oyster mushrooms into particular person mushrooms (and minimize in half if they’re giant). Take away about ½ of the underside stem.
Preheat olive oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Toss mushrooms with soy sauce and add to the skillet.
Stir to softly coat with oil after which permit mushrooms to cook dinner 3-4 minutes with out stirring or till browned on one aspect. Stir and proceed cooking till mushrooms are tender.
Push the mushrooms to 1 aspect and add the butter and garlic to the pan. Cook dinner for 30 seconds or till aromatic. Stir into the mushrooms and cook dinner 1 minute extra.
Season with parsley, salt & pepper to style.
The underside a part of the stem may be robust and must be eliminated.
Any recent herbs may be added earlier than serving.
Energy: 82 | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.