That is straightforward tacky potato casserole recipe excellent for any form of gathering!
This casserole is tremendous straightforward to make with hashbrown potatoes, a very fast cheese sauce and a crispy cornflake topping.
Serve this as a facet dish nearly any time of day, from brunch to dinner.
What are Funeral Potatoes?
Funeral Potatoes are a straightforward casserole dish with hashbrowns, cheese, bitter cream, and condense soup. This recipe is topped off with a buttery cornflake crust.
- We love funeral potatoes as a result of they’re creamy, tacky, and so scrumptious.
- This casserole is price range pleasant and very easy to make.
- Serve this recipe for breakfast, dinner, and every little thing in between.
- Prep forward, this funeral potatoes recipe is ideal for Christmas or Easter brunch!
Components for Funeral Potatoes
- Potatoes – This recipe makes use of diced hash brown potatoes from the freezer. Any frozen (or pre-cooked) potatoes will work.
- Cheese – Sharp cheddar cheese provides a vibrant, tangy taste however use what’s in your cheese drawer. Cheese tends to soften greatest should you shred it your self from a block.
- Sauce – Melted butter, condensed cream of hen soup, and bitter cream make up the sauce. You should use cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of hen or cream of celery soup to make it vegetarian.
- Topping – Crushed cornflakes are combined with butter for the proper topping. Substitute the cereal with crushed potato chips (any taste) or ritz crackers.
Make Funeral Potatoes
- Grease a casserole dish. Put together the topping & put aside.
- Saute onion in butter & combine with bitter cream, soup, & among the cheese.
- Stir in potatoes & unfold right into a casserole dish. Add the topping and bake till bubbly & golden brown.
To make use of contemporary potatoes, cube them 1/2″ or smaller and add them to salted boiling water. Cook dinner for about 7 minutes or simply till tender. Cool barely and proceed with the recipe.
Shredded hash browns make a terrific base identical to the diced potatoes do, so be at liberty to sub them out as effectively!
Retailer and Reheat
- Cowl the pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and retailer within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- To reheat, place a portion or two within the microwave for a couple of minutes or toast within the oven at 325°F for 15-20 minutes!
Did you make these Funeral Potatoes? Make sure you go away a remark and a ranking beneath!
Creamy, tacky, and flavorful, these Funeral Potatoes are at all times a crowd-pleaser!
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with butter.
In a medium bowl, gently crush the cornflakes. Toss with the butter and put aside.
In a small skillet, soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the onion and prepare dinner till tender, about 5 minutes.
In a big bowl, mix the butter and onions, bitter cream, condensed soup, and a pair of cups of cheese. Season to style with salt & black pepper to style.
Gently stir within the hash brown potatoes. Switch the combination to the ready baking dish and sprinkle with the topping.
High with the remaining ½ cup of cheese and sprinkle the topping over high.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or till browned and bubbly.
Retailer leftover casserole tightly lined within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Energy: 514 | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 37g | Saturated Fats: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 9g | Trans Fats: 0.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 934mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1210IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 320mg | Iron: 4mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.