This straightforward cheese fondue recipe is a favourite retro recipe!
Swiss and Gruyere cheeses are melted along with a splash of kirsch for a deliciously dippable appetizer.
Good for New Yr’s Eve, Christmas, or actually, any sort of gathering!
Straightforward Tacky Fondue!
- Social gathering Pleaser: Cheese fondue is successful at gatherings, bringing everybody collectively round a pot of melty, gooey goodness.
- Straightforward to Make: You don’t have to be a connoisseur chef to grasp this scrumptious dish.
- Prep-Forward: Simply put together it as much as 2 days prematurely and reheat for easy, creamy perfection.
- Gear-Pleasant: No fondue pot? Use a stovetop, ceramic bowl, or mini Crockpot.
Elements for Cheese Fondue
Cheese – The most well-liked cheese for fondue is gruyère cheese which is gentle whereas the addition of Swiss cheese provides a daring taste. You’ll be able to fluctuate the cheese combination primarily based on what you have got, gouda or fontina are different favorites!
Kirsch – Kirsch is a cherry brandy and is a standard ingredient in cheese fondue. It may be changed with sherry or a dry white wine for those who don’t have any. For non-alcoholic cheese fondue, use any clear fruit juice like apple cider, apple juice, and even lemon juice.
Cornstarch – Somewhat corn starch helps to thicken the fondue and retains the cheese from clumping.
Learn how to Make Cheese Fondue
This recipe can’t get any simpler!
- Gently toss the shredded cheese with with the cornstarch per the recipe under.
- Rub the within of a saucepan with garlic. Add the wine and simmer.
- Slowly stir within the cheese, whisking till melted. Season and serve!
Scrumptious Dippers for Fondue
- Bread Cubes: chunks of French or sourdough bread, delicate breadsticks, garlic crostini rounds
- Chips: tortilla chips, pretzels or pretzel sticks
- Greens: roasted broccoli or cauliflower florets, strips of bell pepper, carrot, or entire (cooked) baby red potatoes or fingerlings.
- Fruit: cubed apples, seedless grapes, dried fruit, pineapple slices
- Meat: meatballs, grilled steak, chicken, shrimp
Reheat cheese fondue within the microwave and loosen it up by including just a little milk and a touch of salt for taste. Freeze cheese fondue in zippered baggage and reheat it with milk and further cheese to emulsify it once more.
Did you like this Cheese Fondue? Go away us a ranking and a remark under!
Straightforward Cheese Fondue Recipe
A wealthy mixture of Swiss and Gruyere cheeses melted into white wine, that is the right dish to carry friends collectively!
Reduce the garlic clove in half and rub the lower facet contained in the saucepan. Discard the clove (or put it aside for one more use).
Add the wine to the saucepan and convey it to a simmer over medium warmth, let simmer for 1 minute.
In a bowl, gently toss all shredded cheeses with cornstarch. Put aside.
Scale back warmth to low and add cheese, a couple of tablespoons at a time gently stirring till melted earlier than including extra. This needs to be performed very slowly.
As soon as melted, stir in kirsh, nutmeg, and pepper.
Serve heat with bread for dipping.
Brie is one other nice creamy addition to fondue.
Energy: 140 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 8g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 256IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 253mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.