‘Tis the season for simple turkey recipes, and this juicy Crock Pot Turkey Breast is ideal for a small vacation feast!
A slow-cooker turkey breast simply wants some broth and veggies, and it comes out completely juicy each time!
A Tender Turkey Dinner
- I really like straightforward Crockpot recipes as a result of they’re prepped forward and the low and gradual cooking leads to tender meat.
- Oven-roasted turkey is nice for a crowd, however a gradual cooker turkey breast is nice for a weeknight meal or a smaller household.
- Making a turkey breast is a straightforward technique to put together turkey dinner, add it to the crock pot and neglect about it till it’s completed!
Substances for Crock Pot Turkey Breast
Turkey Breast – I take advantage of a 2lb boneless turkey breast with pores and skin on. If the turkey breast is a bit greater, you’ll want so as to add some further cooking time (cook dinner occasions included under).
Veggies – These are non-compulsory however do add further taste. Rather than veggies, you need to use a small rack for the turkey breast. Celery, carrots, and onions (use all 3 or what you could have readily available) taste the broth properly and elevate the turkey breast out of the broth.
Recent Herbs – When you’ve got them add some in, I like to purchase a reasonable mixture of “poultry herbs” on the native grocery retailer. This normally consists of parsley, thyme, rosemary, and sage. When you’ve got all or any of those, add a sprig or two to the broth.
GRAVY Use the broth and drippings to make a flavorful gravy. If utilizing packaged gravy, the drippings could be added rather than water for further taste.
The right way to Prepare dinner a Turkey Breast in a Crockpot
- Put together the turkey breast with herbs and butter (or olive oil) per the recipe under.
- Place greens within the crockpot and prime with the turkey breast.
- Prepare dinner ‘low and gradual’ in accordance with recipe occasions under till the turkey breast reaches an inside temperature of 160° F.
- Take away the turkey breast and permit it to relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than slicing (the temperature will rise to 165°F).
With a smaller turkey breast, the greens is probably not tender sufficient within the time it takes to cook dinner the turkey. They do add nice taste to the broth and the turkey breast itself. In case you’d prefer to eat the greens, chop them and simmer within the broth on the range whereas the turkey rests till they’re tender. They will also be refrigerated and added to soups or stews later.
Turkey Breast Crockpot Cooking Instances
This recipe makes use of a 2 lb skin-on boneless turkey breast, however listed below are just a few different cooking occasions for turkeys of various weights:
- 2lb turkey breast – 2hrs 45 minutes to three hrs quarter-hour
- 3 lb turkey breast – 3 hours 45 minutes to 4 hours quarter-hour.
- 4 lb turkey breast – 4 hours 45 minutes to five hours quarter-hour.
You should definitely use a meat thermometer; the interior temperature ought to all the time attain 165°F. Examine the turkey breast early to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
TURKEY TIP: As soon as the turkey has completed cooking it ought to relaxation for about 10 minutes earlier than slicing. Take away it from the gradual cooker whereas it rests so it doesn’t proceed cooking within the steam and juices.
Suggestions for Juicy Turkey Breast
- The most effective Crockpot turkey breast is slow-cooked to perfection.
- Examine the temperature EARLY so your turkey doesn’t overcook.
- Take a look at the temperature on the thickest a part of the meat (away from the bone for bone-in breasts).
- Take away the meat from the gradual cooker to relaxation so it doesn’t proceed cooking.
- Relaxation the turkey for no less than 5-10 minutes earlier than slicing.
Did you make this Crockpot Turkey Breast? You should definitely depart a score and a remark under!
Crock Pot Turkey Breast
Completely seasoned and juicy, this Crockpot Turkey Breast is a no-fail recipe!
In a small bowl combine melted butter, poultry seasoning, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and paprika. Unfold the combination evenly over the turkey breast.
Pour broth within the backside of a gradual cooker. Place the greens within the backside.
Place the turkey breast, pores and skin facet up, on prime of the greens.
Place the lid on the gradual cooker and cook dinner on low (occasions under) till the interior temperature reaches 160°F. Don’t overcook.
Switch the turkey breast to a plate and relaxation for 10 minutes.
For crispy pores and skin, place the turkey breast on a rimmed baking sheet and broil for 3 to five minutes or till browned. Slice and serve.
Cooking time will change relying on the scale and form of the turkey breast.
- 2lbs will want 2hrs 45 minutes to three hrs quarter-hour
- 3lbs will want 3hrs 45 minutes to 4 hrs quarter-hour
- 4lbs will want 4 hrs 45 minutes to five hrs quarter-hour.
IMPORTANT: You should definitely use a meat thermometer. Take away the turkey breast at 160°F, the temperature will rise because it rests. The turkey ought to attain 165°F. Examine the turkey breast early to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
With a smaller turkey breast, the greens is probably not tender sufficient within the time it takes to cook dinner the turkey however they do add nice taste to the broth and the turkey breast itself. In case you’d prefer to eat the greens, chop them and simmer within the broth on the range whereas the turkey rests till they’re tender. They will also be refrigerated and added to soups or stews later.
Use the drippings or broth so as to add to gravy. If utilizing a packaged gravy combine, use the drippings rather than water.
Energy: 587 | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 87g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 241mg | Sodium: 2612mg | Potassium: 1596mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 16256IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.