In case you love coconut the best way I do, you’ll love this four-ingredient coconut frosting!
It’s wealthy and creamy and filled with coconut taste. Coconut frosting is ideal for topping desserts, or piping onto cupcakes, and even cookies!
Our Favourite Coconut Frosting!
- It’s coconutty goodness, good for spring and summer season desserts!
- Fast and simple to whip up for last-minute dessert choices.
- Batch-friendly: double it up and freeze half for an additional dessert.
- Use it for coconut cake (or cupcakes) or white cake, yellow cake, chocolate cake, amongst many others.
- Coconut cupcakes with coconut frosting? Double the delight!
Components for Coconut Frosting
Coconut Cream – Coconut cream is concentrated, thick, and comes from cooked coconut. It’s totally different from coconut milk, which is made by steeping the flesh in sizzling water and straining it
Butter – Use actual unsalted butter for its wealthy taste and nice consistency. Margarine or butter substitutes have a better oil or water ratio so the outcomes gained’t be the identical. Unsalted butter is greatest, if all you might have is salted butter, skip the salt within the recipe.
Sugar – Powdered sugar giaves an additional fluffy texture and dissolves into the butter.
No powdered sugar? Common white sugar with a tablespoon of cornstarch per cup, whizzed in a meals processor or espresso grinder, works simply as properly!
Coconut extract – Coconut extract amps up the coconut taste! Yow will discover it within the baking aisle of most grocery shops or you’ll be able to add it to your Amazon cart here.
Variations – Gently fold in shredded coconut when you’d like (sweetened or unsweetened) or use it as a garnish. Calmly toast the coconut for an added crunch and a pop of colour. Add a drop or two of meals coloring to make shades of pink, inexperienced, yellow, or any colour that matches the recipe of the day!
Find out how to Make Coconut Frosting
- Beat butter till gentle and fluffy (as per the recipe beneath).
- Add sugar one cup at a time after which add extract.
- Slowly add coconut cream till the specified texture and firmness are reached. Add a pinch of salt (non-compulsory) and unfold or pipe onto cake or cupcakes.
Can You Make Forward?
- Prep coconut frosting forward and hold it within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as every week.
- Freeze in a zippered bag for as much as 3 months, however thaw and stir totally earlier than utilizing. to whip extra air into it.
Candy, and full of coconutty taste this frosting is the very best for spreading over desserts or cookies.
Place butter in a big bowl and beat with an electrical mixer till gentle and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Add sugar, one cup at a time, and beat till mixed — it will likely be thick. Beat in coconut extract.
Add coconut cream (guarantee it’s properly stirred), slightly at a time, and beat on excessive velocity till gentle and fluffy. Proceed including the coconut cream till desired texture and firmness is reached.
Add a pinch of salt (to your tastes) and beat till mixed.
Unfold or pipe onto cake or cupcakes.
Coconut frosting will hold within the fridge for as much as one week.
Energy: 185 | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 8mg | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 309IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
REPIN this Coconut Frosting Recipe