Rooster & broccoli is a good weeknight dinner in only one pan.
Tender rooster breasts and broccoli lined in a creamy, selfmade cheese sauce. This delish dish goes from stovetop to tabletop in minutes!
An Simple One Pan Dinner
Skip the takeout, this simple one-pan diner comes collectively rapidly and simply.
- This dish cooks rapidly, prepared in beneath half-hour.
- The short and creamy cheese sauce is simple to make and nice over any vegetable.
- Double or triple the sauce and serve this dish over pasta.
- The cream cheese base of this sauce is of course low carb.
Components in Rooster and Broccoli
We love the mixture of chicken and broccoli in stir fry, in casseroles, pasta, and easily on this dish.
- Boneless skinless rooster breasts or rooster thighs are nice on this recipe. Pound them to 1/2″ thick in order that they cook dinner rapidly and evenly.
- Recent broccoli is my first selection however frozen will work too. The cheese sauce on this recipe goes effectively with virtually any vegetable. Attempt completely different veggies like carrots, cauliflower, inexperienced beans, peas, or asparagus.
- The cheese sauce begins with cream cheese and is simple to make (no roux required). You need to use any cheese however bolder cheeses like sharp cheddar add probably the most taste.
Learn how to Make Rooster and Broccoli
- Pound rooster, season, & brown in a skillet per the complete recipe beneath. Put aside.
- Cook dinner the broccoli simply till tender crisp after which put aside with the rooster.
- Whisk within the cheese sauce substances into the pan and serve with the rooster and broccoli.
This dish is nice served with egg noodles, rice, or over cauliflower rice. It’s good for meal prep.
- Pound the rooster so it cooks rapidly and evenly. Cowl it with plastic wrap when pounding to keep away from splattering. In case you don’t have a meat mallet, use a rolling pin.
- Alternately, the rooster could be reduce into bite-sized items and stir-fried.
- Evenly cowl the rooster and broccoli whereas whisking the sauce to maintain it heat.
- Add any juices from the rooster into the sauce for further taste. Sharp cheese provides extra taste.
Leftovers & Storage
Hold leftover rooster and broccoli in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Add some milk or cream to skinny out the sauce earlier than reheating on the stovetop and serve with a sprinkle of contemporary parmesan cheese.
Freeze parts for as much as 4 weeks. Thaw in a single day and reheat as directed.
Did you make this tacky Rooster and Broccoli? You should definitely go away a score and a remark beneath!
Tacky Rooster and Broccoli
Rooster & Broccoli smothered in a selfmade cheese sauce is a scrumptious entrèe or facet dish!
Place the rooster on a chopping board and canopy with plastic wrap. Pound to ½-inch thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Season the rooster with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and basil.
In a big skillet, warmth the oil over medium-high warmth. Add the rooster to the pan and cook dinner for two to three minutes or till browned. Flip over and brown for an extra 2 minutes.
Add the broth to the pan, scraping up any browned bits. Add broccoli to the pan and canopy. Cook dinner lined for about 3-4 minutes or till tender crisp and rooster is cooked via (165°F).
Take away the broccoli and rooster, place on a serving plate, and calmly cowl to maintain heat.
Add the cream cheese to the pan and whisk till melted and creamy, including extra broth if wanted. Whisk within the cheddar & parmesan cheese till clean. Season with extra salt and pepper to style.
Spoon the cheese sauce over the rooster and broccoli and serve instantly.
- To make this recipe fast, put together the broccoli whereas the rooster cooks and shred the cheese whereas the broccoli cooks.
- Pound the rooster to 1/2″ thickness so it cooks rapidly and evenly. Cowl it with plastic wrap when pounding to keep away from splattering. In case you don’t have a meat mallet, use a rolling pin.
- Cook dinner the rooster simply till it reaches 165°F, don’t overcook.
- Add any juices from the rooster into the sauce for further taste.
- Sharp cheeses add extra taste to the sauce. The sauce could be doubled or tripled should you’d wish to serve this dish over pasta.
Energy: 359 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 33g | Fats: 22g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 805mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1145IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.