These glazed carrots are an awesome aspect dish with a buttery brown sugar glaze. A bit of candy, somewhat savory, and beloved by everybody!
This fast carrot recipe comes collectively in minutes on the stovetop (in only one pan!).
A Candy & Simple Aspect Dish
- Glazed carrots are an cheap dish with numerous taste.
- The brown sugar glaze makes use of elements you probably have.
- It cooks in simply one pan, which means much less mess and fewer dishes.
- Glazed carrots are tremendous simple to make and add a pop of coloration and a little bit of sweetness to your meal.
- Excellent for a weeknight or a vacation like Easter, Christmas, or Thanksgiving!
Methods to Make Glazed Carrots
You should use this recipe for glazed carrots of any type. Strive common, rainbow, or child carrots. Backyard recent carrots are normally extra tender and can want much less cooking time.
Child carrots are best as you don’t must peel or chop them.
- Mix all elements in a skillet or saucepan per the recipe under.
- Simmer coated over medium-high warmth till fork-tender.
- Take away the lid and prepare dinner till the glaze thickens. Really easy!
- Substitute maple syrup with honey if desired.
- Add a sprig of recent thyme, a sprinkle of pecans, or perhaps a squeeze of orange juice or lemon juice.
- Garnish with recent herbs (we like parsley or thyme).
Ideas for Excellent Glazed Carrots
- You should use recent or frozen, entire or child carrots.
- Minimize the thicker ends of carrots in half so that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Backyard carrots will prepare dinner quicker than store-bought carrots.
- Put together the carrots as much as 4 days forward of time and retailer them within the fridge in a sealed container.
This glazed carrot recipe will final 5 days within the fridge in an hermetic container. Reheat leftover glazed carrots in a frying pan, the oven, or a microwave.
They are often eaten chilled and added to salads too!
Did your loved ones get pleasure from these Buttery Glazed Carrots? You’ll want to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Buttery Glazed Carrots
Glazed carrots are a flavorful aspect dish that is so easy to make! This recipe might be doubled to feed a crowd.
Mix carrots, water, brown sugar, butter, and maple syrup in a skillet over medium warmth.
Stir often till butter is melted. Improve warmth to medium-high and convey to a boil.
Cut back warmth to simmer, cowl, and prepare dinner 8-10 minutes or till carrots are simply changing into tender when pierced with a fork.
Take away lid and switch the warmth as much as excessive, proceed cooking till water is evaporated and carrots are coated in glaze.
Season with salt and pepper and serve heat.
You should use recent or frozen, entire or child carrots for this recipe.
Make sure the carrots are about the identical dimension so that they prepare dinner evenly, lower the thicker ends in half if wanted.
Contemporary backyard carrots will prepare dinner quicker than retailer purchased carrots.
You may make glazed carrots within the microwave. Place carrots in a dish and add about 1/2″ of water. Cowl and microwave for 6-7 minutes or till carrots are tender. Add glaze elements and prepare dinner 1-2 minutes extra.
Energy: 120 | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 19075IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.