Making baked salmon is really easy, it’s an ideal weeknight meal.
This salmon fillet recipe has a flavorful citrus ginger marinade, and is baked to flaky, tender perfection!
Straightforward and fast, this baked salmon recipe will be halved to feed two individuals or doubled to feed a crowd!
Simplify Dinner Straightforward Baked Salmon
- Impress your company with a restaurant-quality meal that’s truly quite simple to make.
- They cook dinner tremendous quick and bake in about 12 minutes.
- This salmon recipe makes use of components I normally have readily available!
- Save time and stress by prepping forward of time with a flavorful marinade that’s straightforward to make.
- Prepare dinner up a meal that’s each scrumptious and delightful. It’s straightforward sufficient for a weeknight but elegant sufficient for company.
- Make use of any leftover salmon by incorporating it right into a salmon salad or croquettes.
This straightforward marinade all comes collectively to offer this salmon a lot taste with little effort!
Salmon – Use contemporary or frozen salmon filets for this recipe. If frozen, thaw the filets within the fridge and proceed as directed within the recipe. If the filets are flatter thinner filets, they are going to want much less cooking time.
Juice – For a tangy orange taste on this glaze, use good ol’ OJ. For those who don’t have any orange juice, strive pineapple juice or apple juice as an alternative.
Sweetness – Sugar helps the glaze caramelize to sweeten issues up with brown sugar and honey. For those who solely have one, use it or combine issues up by including in some maple syrup.
Taste Ginger and garlic converse for themselves. For those who don’t have contemporary ginger or garlic, you need to use powdered however use just one teaspoon of every within the marinade. Don’t miss the toasted sesame oil, because it provides quite a lot of taste.
Selecting the Greatest Salmon Fillets
- Search for thick, properly marbled cuts.
- Press the thickest a part of the flesh and the salmon ought to spring again, not stay indented.
- Give it a great sniff! Something too fishy smelling might be greatest prevented.
Tips on how to Bake Salmon Fillets
This salmon is marinated after which baked within the oven. I prefer to bake it till virtually prepared after which broil it for a minute or so on the finish.
Reserve slightly little bit of the marinade for brushing on the finish.
- Marinate salmon for at the least 1 hour or as much as 4 hours utilizing the recipe beneath.
- Bake the salmon for about 10-12 minutes (it will fluctuate based mostly on thickness, examine your salmon early to make sure it doesn’t overcook).
- Brush with extra marinade and broil 1-2 minutes.
Inexperienced onions are a fairly and contemporary garnish! Attempt topping with a twist of orange peel as nicely!
Suggestions for Excellent Baked Salmon
- For every clean-up, line the baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Brushing melted butter on the salmon earlier than seasoning it with salt and pepper can add further taste and moisture.
- Add further contemporary herbs like cilantro or parsley for garnish.
- A squeeze of contemporary lemon juice or some lemon slices are excellent for serving.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to cook dinner salmon to your required temperature. The USDA recommends 145°F, though many discover this to be a bit too nicely accomplished and like a temperature nearer to 125-130°F. Consuming uncooked or undercooked seafood could improve your threat of foodborne sickness.
Did you get pleasure from this Baked Salmon? Make sure you go away a score and a remark beneath!
Baked Salmon Fillets
Contemporary, baked salmon filets are marinated in a ginger soy marinade & baked till tender & flaky.
In a small bowl, mix all marinade components. Put aside 2 tablespoons of marinade for brushing the salmon. Pour the remaining marinade over the salmon and marinate for at the least 1 hour or as much as 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Take away the salmon from the marinade and discard the surplus marinade. Place the salmon, pores and skin facet down, in a baking dish or on a parchemnt paper lined rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake the salmon fillets for 10-12 minutes. Notice that cooking time could fluctuate relying on the thickness of the salmon fillets. Test the salmon early to make sure it does not overcook.
Brush salmon with reserved marinade and transfer to the highest rack of the oven. Broil 1-2 minutes or simply till cooked via, don’t overcook.
Garnish with inexperienced onions if desired.
Test your salmon early to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
Salmon must be barely translucent within the heart and flake simply with a fork.
Diet data consists of 25% of the marinade.
Energy: 262 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 34g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 864mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.