Sharing the outcomes of my IgG food sensitivity test, in addition to execs and cons of this testing technique.
Hello buddies! How’s the day going thus far? I hope that you just’re having an incredible one! Immediately, I’m engaged on podcast stuff (new episode tomorrow) and assembly up with a buddy for lunch.
For at this time’s publish, I wished to share a bit extra about my private well being journey and one of many steps within the course of: meals sensitivity testing. Once I first enrolled within the IHP program (you can check out my review of level 1 here and level 2 here), I knew that I’d love to have the ability to assist buddies and purchasers in a completely completely different, extra personalised approach. I had no thought how a lot this info would assist me on a private stage, too.
By means of my information in IHP and testing skills, I’ve been in a position to uncover some root causes and I’m engaged on rebalancing my physique by way of eradicating the toxicities and restoring deficiencies.
At-home IgG Meals Sensitivity Check Overview (and my outcomes)
The nutshell model:
– Final spring, I had horrible pink eye which became a trigger for constant eye issues – watering, tremendous purple, itchy, mucus-y eyes. I couldn’t put on contacts for nearly three months. I’ve tried just about the entire pharmacy eye section :/
– I noticed many eye docs who had been unable to assist me (they only wished to throw the kitchen sink of eyedrops and prescriptions at me, and nothing helped) – I lastly discovered a dry eye specialist who was in a position to give me an motion plan and my eyes improved tremendously
– I did blood work with my PCP to verify fundamental markers and irritation, and two markers for Lupus came back positive, which defined the joint ache I had in my fingers and the unusual rashes I’ve had over time. At any time when I’ve been underneath durations of utmost or prolonger stress, I’d get a rash, and my fingers would typically ache at night time, which I had attributed to typing a lot.
– I immediately went into take a look at and study mode, doing an HTMA test, Candida Metabolic and Vitamins Test, and Food Sensitivity test. (In the event you’re interested by testing, e mail me – I can get higher costs than what is offered on the web site.) The attention points (which I feel are partially an allergy response) + autoimmune signs informed me one thing was possible occurring in my intestine, so I used to be curious to see if I had any yeast, micro organism, and Candida overgrowth (I had all three) and the way my physique was responding to emphasize. I used to be nutrient poor in a number of markers, and likewise had some elevated heavy metals.
– I labored for months to get the irritation down in my physique, and in December, the Lupus markers had been damaging!!! YAYYYYY! Whereas I used to be by no means formally recognized with Lupus – I used to be ready to see Rheumatology till I may get some solutions and retest and since my signs had been underneath control- this simply tells me that the irritation is certainly down, so good issues throughout.
– I’ve made some large way of life and weight-reduction plan modifications, and my meals sensitivity take a look at was to see if I used to be consuming something that is perhaps inflicting extra irritation. In at this time’s publish, I’ll share the method, outcomes, and the precious info I gained from this at-home take a look at.
*A pleasant reminder that I’m NOT a physician and these exams don’t diagnose, deal with, forestall, or remedy sickness. They’re to supply details about your distinctive physique so you possibly can work with a practitioner to create a customized motion plan.*
My IgG Meals Sensitivity Check Outcomes
What’s an IgG Response?
IgG, or immunoglobulin G, is an antibody current in our immune system. IgG reactions happen when the physique identifies particular meals as threats, triggering an immune response that may result in a variety of signs. These reactions are completely different from speedy, allergy-type responses (like hives, anaphylaxis, extreme itching, and many others) and are sometimes related to delayed signs, making them difficult to pinpoint with out specialised testing.
The At-Residence IgG Meals Sensitivity Check:
The IgG Food Sensitivity Test is a handy at-home testing technique designed to determine potential meals sensitivities. The method usually entails a easy blood pattern, which will be collected utilizing a finger-prick equipment supplied by the testing service. I’ll be sharing screenshots of my take a look at outcomes to supply a clear look into this expertise.
Advantages of the IgG Meals Sensitivity Check:
The take a look at affords personalised insights into your physique’s particular reactions to a variety of meals. This info empowers you to make knowledgeable dietary selections tailor-made to your distinctive wants. This specific take a look at is for 190 of the most typical meals and spices!
Figuring out Hidden Triggers:
Not like speedy allergic reactions, IgG reactions are sometimes delayed, making it difficult to determine set off meals. The take a look at helps uncover potential hidden culprits contributing to numerous well being points.
Understanding and addressing meals sensitivities can contribute to the administration of assorted signs, equivalent to bloating, fatigue, pores and skin points, mind fog, anxiousness, and digestive discomfort.
Armed with information about your physique’s reactions, you possibly can optimize your vitamin by deciding on meals that assist your total well-being and decrease the danger of triggering inflammatory responses.
Focused Elimination Diets:
The take a look at outcomes can information the implementation of focused elimination diets. By briefly eradicating recognized set off meals, you possibly can assess the influence in your signs and step by step reintroduce meals primarily based in your physique’s responses. Relying on the severity, you’ll both take away the meals for six weeks, 12 weeks or 6 months, after which step by step add the meals again in, to see how your physique responds.
Cons of At-home Meals Sensitivity Testing:
Whereas meals sensitivity testing has gained reputation as a possible software for understanding particular person reactions to sure meals, it’s important to acknowledge a number of the criticisms and considerations surrounding these exams. Critics argue that the scientific validity and reliability of many business meals sensitivity exams are debatable. The principle critique stems from the variety of immune responses and the complexity of the human physique’s response to completely different meals.
Moreover, the idea of IgG reactions as indicators of meals sensitivities is just not universally accepted throughout the medical and scientific communities. Some argue that elevated IgG ranges could not essentially correlate with hostile reactions and may fluctuate between people with out obvious signs. Furthermore, the dynamic nature of the immune system makes it difficult to ascertain definitive cause-and-effect relationships between particular meals and well being points. It’s essential for people contemplating meals sensitivity testing to strategy it with a essential mindset, recognizing its limitations and consulting healthcare professionals for a complete analysis of their well being considerations.
On this publish, I’ll stroll you thru my private expertise with the IgG Food Sensitivity Test, sharing the meals that triggered reactions, my preliminary reactions, and the way I’ve adjusted my weight-reduction plan primarily based on the outcomes. I believed it will be useful for my buddies on the market who’re contemplating this, or who’re on an analogous journey.
For this take a look at, you wish to have a mixture of meals in your system, particularly meals that you just assume could also be problematic (however ARE NOT allergic to. If you already know you’re allergic to walnuts, avoid walnuts). Dr. Cabral recommends an egg sandwich with cheese a couple of days earlier than testing. I wished this take a look at to be consultant of how I eat, which for now, excuses gluten and dairy. I lower these out after I went down the Lupus rabbit gap as a couple of books beneficial skipping gluten and dairy if in case you have autoimmune signs. I seen an enormous enchancment in my joint ache and my eyes.
I had a couple of bites of birthday cake a couple of days earlier than the take a look at, and gluten was elevated, which verifies that it’s not your best option for me proper now.
My numbers had been additionally barely elevated for almonds, egg whites, and yogurt, which was shocking for me.
I’ve been bummed to study by way of this expertise that I can’t have eggs on a regular basis like I used to till I heal my intestine. I solely have them about as soon as every week now and luxuriate in each chew!! As soon as my intestine is healed, the concept is that I’ll be capable of add again dairy, gluten, and extra frequent eggs, checking for reactions alongside the best way.
The take a look at additionally consists of pattern meal rotations to assist embody quite a lot of meals and probably cut back damaging reactions and responses to numerous meals.
This entire course of has been very enlightening and informative, and I’m excited to share extra alongside the best way.
In the event you’re excited about useful testing, ship me an e mail email@example.com topic TESTING and I’d love to assist!